Mobile Medical Clinic
We had the privilege of going with another group that run a similar program, where they help children such as this (HIV+) boy covered with boil like sores all over his body.
The Mobile Medical Clinic (MMC) will service remote rural communities providing primary health care to those who have no access to any medical facilities. The roles of the MMC will be varied and will aim to achieve the following:
- Provide basic checkups to mothers and infants on a monthly basis, provide transport a referrals if necessary
- Foster a greater understanding and adherence to matters of health and hygiene;
- Conduct seminars on maternity care and early childhood development
- Many other community development programs such as: better farming practises, the advantages of bio-gas production for cooking and lighting
- Assisting these village communities to become healthier and happier is our main focus.